The Lady Minto Hospital Auxiliary has a long history of providing supplemental care and comfort to patients, residents and staff of the health-care community on Salt Spring Island. For more information on Auxiliaries visit The B.C. Association of HealthCare Auxiliaries Website.
The Hospital Foundation and Lady Minto Hospital Auxiliary are affiliated in our common purpose to provide the best level of community support to the Lady Minto Hospital that we can.
The Auxiliary is directly involved with the following community programs:
- The Thrift Shop on Upper Ganges Road, and is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm, and volunteers are always welcome.
- The Showcase in the Lady Minto Hospital Foyer, which sells hand-made crafts and knitted items for all ages.
- Floral care for hospital patients and residents.
- Extended Care assistance with residents’ extra-curricular activities and daily refreshments.
- Greenwoods Extended Care Society assisting with refreshments and special events and functions.
- A Junior Volunteer program for young people ages 12 to 18.
- Education of Auxiliary members through conferences and workshops; as well as a Scholarship and Bursary program for Gulf Islands’ high school students.
Funds that are raised through the Thrift Shop, Showcase, Special Events, In Memoriam gifts, Bequests and General Donations, are also allocated to the Lady Minto Hospital and EC Unit, Greenwoods Elder Care and Braehaven Assisted Living Society in consultation with their needs.
Current Auxiliary President: Victoria Woodman